Believe it or not your staff can literally make or break your business. It is imperative that you hire the right people, train them properly and put them into the right positions. You only get one shot to make a good first impression, and a poorly trained staff will make a poor impression every time they answer the phone or interact with a client or customer.
About 90% of the businesses that I coach ask me to train their staff. The major reasons that my clients have me train their staff is that they simply do not know what to do; or, they do not have the time. This article will give you some easy to follow steps.
- A great staff is made not born. Start by hiring the right people.
- Check references before hiring
- Be slow to hire and quick to fire.
- Give clear expectation
- Train in “bite sized” pieces
- Make sure your staff has ownership of these topics:
* Communication procedures
* Advanced personality training
* New client or customer telephone procedures
* Established client or customer telephone procedures
* Telephone shopper procedures
7. Teach the assistant how to attract new business so they pay for their salary
8. Teach the assistant how to build relationships with clients or customers that stimulate referrals
9. Teach systems that create a stress-free environment
10. Teach front desk mastery
11. Teach team building-so everyone supports and helps one another
12. Teach how to create a WOW experience for all new clients or customers
13. Teach how to create a second visit experience that encourages referrals
14. Teach collection procedures
15. Teach how to self-motivate
These are the basic fundamental skills that your support staff must master. For them to master it you or someone else must train them. Invest the necessary time and money to train your staff because a well-trained staff will pay you dividends for years to come.
Our clients are enjoying another terrific year in business. Isn’t it time that you enjoyed record growth too? Are you saving for retirement? Are the best new clients or customers coming to your business? Are you happy going to the office everyday? What are you doing to change your results for the better? Wishing and hoping is not a strategy. Let me show you how you can grow, how you can afford coaching and how you can have fun again
You deserve to be happy, respected, and living the life you desire. If you still feel that you are struggling, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Paul S. Inselman, CEO of Creativecoachingllc.net has formulated a specific step by step process that will help you to become a more powerful business leader. Our clients income has grown on average 150% since 2008. In 2016 alone they were up on average a whopping 44%! In twelve years, I haven’t seen one business that executed the steps above and that utilized our procedures that failed to grow their business. We take a top down approach that consists of increasing income, decreasing expenses and protecting your assets. Why am I so confident (100% certainty) that these tips will create better growth and a more successful and fun business? Two reasons: (1) I coach business owners just like you everyday and have seen excellent, duplicative results and (2) Every single day I get a call, email or text from an existing client telling me that since they implemented these procedures and suggestions, they have more money than they ever had before; they love their staff; they are having more fun in business; or they had a record day in sales. Or, they had a record week in collections. Or, they had a record month across the board! Please don’t take my word for it. Click here for a complimentary and no-obligation 1 on 1 business analysis and strategy session. Find out for yourself where your weaker areas are and how to fix them! Stop wishing, praying and hoping and take the meaningful step that will get you to where you want to be.