Being an entrepreneur sounds great when discussed around the dinner table or with friends but be aware, being an entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. After personally being an entrepreneur for over thirty years and successfully coaching hundreds of entrepreneurs and wanto-to-be entrepreneurs I have distilled down ten common qualities that YOU HAD BETTER POSSESS, or you need to find a stable job.
- Entrepreneurs love what they do. It will always be true that a person gets out of their business what they put into it. A lack of enthusiasm or commitment will easily reflect in your business’s success or failure. If you don’t find EXTREME joy in what you’re doing, chances are you won’t be doing it long. The bottom line is an entrepreneur eats, breathes and lives what they do, and they do it 24/7.
- Successful entrepreneurs take what they do seriously. They believe in the products and services they sell. They see the “big picture” of how their good or service will change the world.
- They plan. No stone is left unturned. They know what they have to do and they find the discipline to get it done. They are organized and they delegate. They get a full sixty minutes out of each hour.
- They know how to manage their money. To them, it is always about a return. They don’t spend frivolously but they understand that you have to spend money to make money.
- They are not afraid to ask for business. Advertising and marketing are worthless unless you ask for the sale.
- They remember that it is always about the customer. Products and services exist for only one thing—the customer. Everything is customer-focused. They get the words “I”, “Me” and “My” out of their vocabulary. The conversation is always about “You,” “They” and “Them.”
- They maintain a professional business image at all times. They know that a first impression is a lasting impression. They maintain the attitude that every time a customer receives service, it’s administered like it’s the first time.
- They know their customers. This way, customers can receive personalized attention. Eighty percent of business is repeat business. Repeat business comes from knowing your customers and delivering a personalized experience.
- Entrepreneurs aren’t afraid of new technology. They build competent teams and surround themselves with the right advisers. They use business coaches, financial advisers, accountants and attorneys as the core of their team.
- They’re considered to be experts by their peers and customers. The nurture their expertise by reading, blogging and telling the world how their goods or services can help.
Being an entrepreneur is not an easy path to follow but it does offer a true path to financial freedom and purpose. For example, while most people were in their 3rd episode of REM sleep, this blog was written at 3:30 AM. An entrepreneur is willing to work 24/7 if needed. We love working with entrepreneurs like you and being an integral part of their team.
If you still feel that you are struggling, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Paul S. Inselman, CEO of Creativecoachingllc.net has formulated a specific step by step process that will help you to become a more powerful business leader. Our clients income has grown on average 150% since 2008. In twelve years, I haven’t seen one business that executed the steps above and that utilized our procedures that failed to grow their business. We take a top down approach that consists of increasing income, decreasing expenses and protecting your assets. Why am I so confident (100% certainty) that these tips will create better growth and a more successful and fun business? Two reasons: (1) I coach business owners just like you everyday and have seen excellent, duplicative results and (2) Every single day I get a call, email or text from an existing client telling me that since they implemented these procedures and suggestions, they have more money than they ever had before; they love their staff; they are having more fun in business; or they had a record day in sales. Or, they had a record week in collections. Or, they had a record month across the board! Please don’t take my word for it. Click here for a complimentary no-obligation consultation and find out for yourself how I can help you grow your business ethically, legally and with integrity; get more free time and have fun again. Get to the next level and beyond. Stop wishing, praying and hoping and take the meaningful step that will get you to where you want to be.